Smile Reconstruction and Enhancement
Not only will your smile appear more beautiful but your bite will be greatly improved. The process of doing so may leave your teeth sensitive to hot, cold, air, or sweets for several days. Mild discomfort upon chewing may also occur. This is not unusual, and should be expected, while you become accustomed to the new position, shape, and size of your new teeth. Patience and communication with our office are important in making sure we provide you with as comfortable a recovery as we can. Residual high spots or sharp edges may persist. Make sure you contact our office immediately should these areas remain uncomfortable. Addressing these early will help prevent greater complications along the way.
As mentioned, hot and cold sensitivity is normal. Gum soreness may also be expected.
The following will help you reduce pain, sensitivity, and swelling:
- Warm salt water rinses (1 tsp salt/ 1 cup warm water)
- Mild pain medication ( Up to three tablets of Ibuprofen/Motrin in combination with one tablet of Tylenol every six hours). Stronger pain medication could be made available as needed and directed by Dr. Dargham.
- Icepack as needed.
Don’t panic if you notice changes in your speech patterns. As mentioned previously, you are learning how to accept your new teeth. The amount of saliva may also increase. Normal speech and salivary flow should return to normal in about one week.
Other recommendations include:
- Resume daily brushing and flossing to reduce plaque build-up, allowing for a clean and bacteria-free environment…thus, a long-lasting smile.
- Avoid or minimize smoking and substances that can stain your new smile. These may include coffee, tea, red wine, soy sauce, and berries.
- Wear a sports guard to protect your teeth while playing sports. If one is not available, please call our office to have one custom-made for you.
- Wear the night guard provided for you every night. If one is unavailable please call our office to have one custom-made for you.
Please contact Dr. Dargham and her team to schedule your initial consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Dargham welcomes patients in one of two locations (Coconut Grove Dental Clinic and Biscayne Blvd. Dental Clinic), both located in the heart of Miami Dade County.
Please fill in all required fields.